Half Day Preschool Program
For children age three and four. A child should be three by September and toilet trained in order to be enrolled in this program. For these classes, the Center will open at 8:50 a.m. and will close at 12:10 p.m. In the preschool program, children will participate in a wide variety of learning activities:
- working with paints, clay, crayons, blocks and other manipulative materials;
- taking field trips to places of interest (four year olds only);
- enjoying stories, poetry, drama, films, and books;
- learning to share, take turns, make plans, work and play with other children;
- learning to respond rhythmically to different kinds of music and singing a variety of songs;
- acquiring good habits of cleanliness and health.
Mother’s Morning Out
For children aged 1 year (if walking) through three. This is one or more mornings of baby-sitting for mothers who need a few hours a week. It is from 9:00 - 12:00.